Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Saved by the Crawfish!


Greetings from Lafayette, LA!

Decent weather, a comfortable flight schedule and good crews made for pleasant travel yesterday. I navigated the airports with a meal replacement bar for breakfast and lunch, plus a large apple for a 3 p.m. snack.

By dinner last night, I was hungry - but not desperate - to eat. Perhaps the anticipation of getting to eat my first boiled crawfish of the season fueled the appetite. Nonetheless, I had already researched the nutrition info for the spicey protein bites, and was pleased to learn I could pinch three ounces of tails before I logged 70 calories. That, plus a green salad with lo-fat dressing was great!

Whatever I did eat, I definitely worked off on Randol's dance floor (click that link for MUSIC!)and on the treadmill back at the hotel!

5 comments:

Felicia said...

OMGOSH where is my bib. That looks AWESOME!!!! I simply love crawfish. *sighs dreamily*.

Have a super day!
*huggles*
=0)

Danni said...

I have never eaten crawfish but that spread in your pic looks delicious! Have a great week!
Phat Teacher

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

I love Lafayette! Crawfish? Not so much. :)

Enjoy your stay!

Grumpy Chair said...

The hubby should be bringing home a crawfish feast around late April - boiled potatoes and corn included (were in Houston).

My parents are both from Louisiana and I miss the spicy foods we grew up on.

Have fun!

Pattie said...

Hope you're having a great time, dancing the night away! Eat some crawfish for me, will you? I'm allergic. :-)