Sunday, April 6, 2008

Louisiana Culinary Tour - Day 5

Still in Baton Rouge yesterday morning, we didn't leave the Embassy Suites hotel until 9:30 - which left plenty of time for a workout in the hotel fitness center. And because we didn't have a group breakfast on the itinerary, I was able to order oatmeal and fat-free yogurt from the lobby buffet.

Yesterday's meal adaptations and compromises were similar to those I've shared with you in the last several posts. Each chef was happy to help me stay on plan by honoring my special requests.

Last night, we've moved to our home for the next three nights at the Omni Royal Orleans in the French Quarter of New Orleans. I nearly squealed with delight when I walked into my room and saw the treadmill, an amenity which is part of the Omni's Get Fit rooms.

The Omni Hotels Ideal Living program is designed to help you maintain a healthy attitude and lifestyle while you’re traveling. Healthy meal options are available as part of their Ideal Nourishment Program. And Get Fit Rooms like mine are set up for private, in-room workouts. In addition, all of the Omni Hotels' fitness centers have been renovated, complete with top-of-the-line equipment.

What a blessing!

4 comments:

Hanlie said...

That's great customer service! I think many people are loathe to work out in a strange fitness centre, but will gladly do it in the privacy of their rooms. I was in the hotel industry all my working life and love this concept!

Erin said...

How awesome...treadmill in room...now I would have no excuse not to work out while on vacation...wonder if they have those hotels in bosnia...wait do they have treadmills in bosnia, I'll have to ask my hubby.

Nicole said...

Oh!!! How COOL is THAT? I had no idea places like that existed. Gah! I would LOVE to have a treadmill in my hotel room.

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Omni just moved up my list. :)

I hope you continue to enjoy the tour! You're doing an awesome job of eating healthy and exercising!