Sunday, April 13, 2008

Inspiration: A Taste of Spring

Azaleas are decked out like flocks of pink flamingos outside my office window. Tulips, irises, dogwoods and wisteria accent the canopy of delicate greens at Garvan Woodland Gardens, where I have spent most of the weekend officiating wedding ceremonies.

Martin Luther once said, "God writes the Gospel not in the Bible alone, but also on trees, and in the flowers and clouds and stars.”

This morning, I put together a "gratitude video" to help me remember the beautiful flowers I have seen during the past year.
In fact, I think I'll take a long walk outside this afternoon, just to enjoy the beauty and fragrance of the season.

Music on the video is "Credo III" from the Solitudes collection,
"Illumination:Peaceful Gregorian Chants." Enjoy!

(To view Full Screen - which is really prettier - click here . After the video opens, click on the icon in the bottom right corner of the viewing screen.)

8 comments:

Erin said...

Beautiful....just beautiful.

and thanks for signing the guestbook! He's going to be very very excited!

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Beautiful video! I love this time of year. Next weekend should be our best one yet; I'm looking forward to it!

Pattie said...

Oh Rebecca, that was beautiful! I sat back and enjoyed the music and the lovely images. I could feel my heartbeat and breathing relax. Ahhh...

You officiate at weddings... you're a travel writer... you make amazing videos... Wow! What else should we know about you? :-)

Forgetfulone said...

How pretty. I'd love to have some beautiful flowers to look at. It's so dull around my house.

pointing the weigh said...

Hi
Thanks for your comment. I will read Dr Phil, thanks
Hugs x

Hanlie said...

For some bizarre reason it tells me that the video is no longer available. I'm getting that a lot these day with Youtube, so I don't know if it's got something to do with my connection, or what! I'm very disappointed!

Ready Maid said...

Hey, Hanlie,
Not sure what happened with the video. I got the same thing the first time I tried it; but I republished, and it seems to be working now.

Nicole said...

Wow! Very soothing. Very, very soothing. Thanks for sharing.

By the way, that must have been a beautiful way to spend a weekend.