Thursday, January 17, 2008

Stop Eating Two Hours Before Bedtime


Well, Darling Husband (DH) actually pulled through with flying colors yesterday! My late afternoon reply to a reader's comment joyfully announced that DH called just before 1 p.m., declaring he had "eaten a healthy lunch at the hospital cafeteria." What's more, he called after work to say that he could break away in time to squeeze in a 30-minute evening walk if I didn't mind getting out in cold, rainy weather. (Um, pass. I substituted my 45-minute walk through the grocery store! By the way, here are some great ways to save on your grocery bill. Login required.)

Quietly reveling in having hit all other Phase I goals for the day, we settled down to watch the Texas American Idol and the last episode of Comanche Moon. Around 9 p.m., however, we hit the wall. Eyebrows raised and heads tilted toward the kitchen, we sighed,"Can't do it. We're past the cutoff time to stop eating."

For the first time in a long while, DH came to bed before 11 p.m. - the end of Golf Central. Whether to keep from eating or to prepare for a 5:30 a.m. drive to Texas this morning, I'm not sure. All I know is we made it through yesterday victoriously...together.

WAHOO!!

No comments: