Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The Best Life Begins

A bug bit me somewhere. Yesterday, I was so nauseated, I didn't even make coffee or turn on the computer. For me, that's the bottom rung of the "feel good" ladder.

Ironically, yesterday was the ONLY day in over a year that I've been sick.When Mom called to check on me, she asked if I had seen the current issue of Oprah's magazine. Well, no. I don't ever read it.

But when the show came on television at 4 o'clock, I was sitting in the living room with the remote in hand. So I watched. There was Bob Greene with Oprah introducing all these eyepopping makeovers. And I sat in my husband's easy chair, watching -- during the only hour I was awake all day.

This afternoon, I stepped on the scale to face the 45 pounds I regained during 2007 -- the same ones I lost during 2006. For the last hour, I've been perusing The Best Life web site, getting a feel for how it works and where to start.

Last week, I saw a sign: "I'm on a 30 day diet, and so far, I've lost 10 days." That's been the story of my life. Diet on. Diet off.
I'm miserable.

Well, here we go. I'm not looking for miracles. But I am willing to give it my best shot, one day at a time, beginning tomorrow morning.

No comments: