Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Ho-Ho Hubby

Oprah and Bob's Best Life Challenge 2008 offers participants the opportunity to "make a contract with yourself."

Last night, during a commercial break in Comanche Moon, I presented a copy of the contract to my husband and asked for feedback.

After a quick read, he responded, "That is so nice." Click. Click. "Just remember, you're the cook around here. If you fix it, I'll eat it."

The weekend weather is predicted to be in the 20s, which should prevent his usual golf outings. Should be a good time to talk again.

In the meantime, I'll remain our household's Lonesome Dove.

P.S. I know why they tell you not to weigh in Phase I. I ate only 864 calories yesterday, but still gained a pound by this morning.

2 comments:

stacy said...

Good for you my friend!

Glad your husband isn't opposed to changing his eating habits as well.

Please, please, please...step away from the scale. The number will change when you are consistently living your best life. Always be working toward that, living your best life, not toward some random number.

Ready Maid said...

Update!

Sweetie Pie (hubby) called during his lunch break, on his way back to the office.

"Guess what?" he opened. "I ate healthy at the hospital cafeteria today!"

Good option over his traditional fast-food options!