Friday, February 1, 2008

BMI Oh My!


Body Mass Index (BMI), is a standard way of measuring height and weight as it relates to body fat. When I calculated mine, the results read like this:
According to the information that you provided, you fall into the Obese I classification. Therefore, your risk of type 2 diabetes, hypertension and cardiovascular disease is High.
Wayne Dyer, author of The Power of Intention,might argue that our physical bodies mirror the way we see ourselves. In other words, Because of My Intentions,
I look the way I do (now).

Dr. Dyer recommends we change our inner dialogue to sound like this:
"I'm headed in the direction of perfect health. I have no shame or guilt about myself or my behavior. If I choose to be a couch potato, I'll be a healthy, trim, beautiful couch potato. I love my body. I'm taking great care of it because it houses the sacred being that I am. It is my intention that whatever I eat will be converted to energy that will make by body feel vigorous and strong." (From Being In Balance: 9 Principles for Creating Habits to Match Your Desires.)
BMI - "Be More Intentional" - sounds like a good way to start the weekend.

No comments: