Monday, February 11, 2008

A New Earth - An Oprahtunity to Grow



When I was formally ordained to ministry in 2006, my mentor, Dr. George Monta, gave me Eckhart Tolle's book, A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose.


This month, the book soared to new heights as Oprah's Book of the Month Club recommendation No. 61.

Beginning March 3, Winfrey and Tolle are teaming up to present a 10-week webinar to explore the tenets of the book.
"We will be studying A New Earth, but not as an academic subject or in order to acquire new theories or beliefs," says Tolle. "Our aim is to explore through the teachings of the book the most important question you can ask: What is the purpose of my life and how do I fulfill that purpose? It will be a course in self-exploration and awakening. It will help you see what the dysfunctional patterns are within yourself that create unnecessary conflict and suffering and prevent you from finding true fulfillment. Hopefully, it will also help you access a dimension within yourself that perhaps you didn't know existed or only caught glimpses of on rare occasions. Don't be trapped for the rest of your life within the narrow confines of your personal history and your conditioned personality and allow your life to be transformed from within, through the power of consciousness itself."
Want to join us?


1 comment:

Hanlie said...

I came over to welcome you to the HYC and felt right at home! I'm going to have to get this book.

I see in your Amazon widget box you have a book by Dr Christiane Northrup. She's absolutely amazing! I love her! And I like Wayne Dyer! There's a lot on this site that I'm going to dig into...

Hope the HYC will be a blessing to you, as it has been to so many of us already.