Friday, February 22, 2008

Walk to Work



An exercise machine that allows workers to multitask may be the silliest (or smartest?) invention since the executive toy. (Read more...)

Count me in as one journalist who would definitely use it to help make computer time more active!

Until then, I'll continue the exercise routine I'm following as part of The BestLife program:

* Six power walks per week, at an average speed of 2.2 miles in 30 minutes. (Fitness scientists estimate walking at this pace burns almost as many calories as jogging at about the same speed - 202 vs. 223 per hour.)

* Three strength training sessions per week.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

very informative. good article. oh, by the way, thanks 4 visiting my blog :-)

Hanlie said...

That's a great exercise routine! You're doing great!

Nicole said...

Oh, I would DEFINITELY use it!

HappyBlogChick said...

I love the idea of that machine, but I'm not sure I'm talented enough to walk and type. I fear I'd fall flat on my face, but I'd sure give it a shot.

Your exercise routine sounds great! Good job!

Ready Maid said...

Happy - Don't worry; I had the same thought, especially since I waffled at using the big exercise ball the trainer introduced yesterday. No kidding, I wanted to make sure the soles of my shoes were "sticky" enough not to lose their grip and leave me blubbering like a baby on the gym floor!!

Anonymous said...

That looks pretty neat!