Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Three Cheers for HYC Bloggers!

One of the things I love about the Healthy You Challenge bloggers is the group's way of celebrating success - large or small. All of us like to post badges for ANY reason!

Bob Greene reminds us dramatic change doesn't happen in one day or even a month. For some, that can be discouraging if your used to (and long for) immediate gratification. It's easier, though, to be patient when you feel as if you're reaping some kind of reward for your efforts; that's why it's so important to enjoy the process of positive change rather than focusing on the end result.

"Find joy in each triumph, big or small," Greene advises. "Don't take for granted turning down a piece of cake, eating a healthful breakfast, or going for a walk at lunch - or any other of the small but significant efforts you make as a part of your commitment to this program. They all count, and with continued patience, perseverance and a positive attitude, they're all going to add up to a big payoff."

The secret to success, he says, is this: "Be honest with yourself and those around you. Take responsibility for your actions and your life. Think of the commitments you make to yourself as sacred, and honor them in the way your honor commitments to other people. Identify what it is you really want from life, realize you deserve it, and think positively about your ability to get it. Make your plan, have the inner strength to stick to it, and claim the life you deserve!"

***So, in honor of small victories, I am pleased to report another one-pound loss for today's HYC Weigh-In. Oddly enough, that one-pound loss translated into another 2-1/2 inch loss, bringing the totals since January 15 to 38 pounds and 34.25 inches lost. WAHOO!

What's even MORE exciting is that through the C25K training program, I am now jogging 25 minutes without stopping at a 4.2 mph pace. Wa-TWO!

And as part of my commitment - not just to a diet program, but to a healthy lifestyle - I have entered my name in the hat TWICE for Scale Junkie's free bike giveaway. Winning would pull that prized item right from my vision board and put it under my diminishing derriere!

Quotes from The Best Life Diet

15 comments:

The Fat Foreigner said...

Good luck on the bike draw and well doen on your progress :)

Martha said...

2 1/2 inches! You rock:-)

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

It doesn't seem like such a small victory to me! Congratulations for working your plan so well.

(Good luck with the bicycle!)

DL White said...

What an awesome post. HYC is great, isnt it??


~ curvyjones
http://curvyjones.squarespace.com

Manuela said...

That's fantastic.

I'm running 25 minutes now and still can't believe it. I'm hoping to start in with announcing the inches lost soon!

(Hope I'm like you when I get into the next "decade" of my life ;) )

Anonymous said...

Hooray! You are doing so well! Have a fantastic week and keep smiling. Cheers - Julia

Irish Mom said...

WooHoo 2.5 inches is awesome!! Its always nice to "see" your hard work pay off!!

Hanlie said...

Well done! You are doing great!

I love the Dr Phil post too. What he says is certainly true for me.

Pattie said...

Woo hoo! You are on a roll, woman! I'm glad you're giving yourself the kudos you deserve. :-)

Unknown said...

Well done withe the lose and thanks for those thoughts. Your right! It is saying no to that piece of cake or going for the walk that we should be proud of and that makes the difference in thelong run.

Laura N said...

Yay YOU! Great job.

betsy said...

congrats on your loss... how super!

FluffyDonna said...

HYC bloggers rock, just like you!!!
Congratulations on the loss, you are such an inspiration.

Selma said...

You are doing so great!! (and you are so inspiring!) I love to read your take on health because you always find some way to remind me that it is a really long process, but with many rewards. I love that you give examples that help define rewards in different ways besides in pounds lost. I think it's so important to appreciate the time and effort it takes for each little part of this really big journey because if we are aware of the time and effort, it's less likely we will give in to a life of instant gratification.

Holly said...

You are rockin'!!! And I'm jealous.. I sooo want to catch up to your 38 lbs!