Thursday, May 8, 2008

The Payoff

Ask anybody: Would Rebecca choose outdoor adventure as a press tour activity? Until yesterday, the answer would have been a resounding NO!

Instead, in the elevator on my way down to the hotel fitness center yesterday, one of the journalists rolled his eyes at me, saying, "Oh, you're one of THOSE people!"

And at dinner last night, while discussing MY HIKE at Pinnacle Mountain, somebody else commented, "Oh, Rebecca, I'm sorry you got stuck doing THAT sort of stuff. Was it boring?"

On the contrary! For the first time in my LIFE, I was eager to EXPLORE! Except for a few pesky gnats, I was thrilled to be thinking about something other than whether I could make it back up the mountain after I had hiked to the base. I actually felt strong and confident I can do more of this sort of thing from now on.

NOW I can say, "I have been to the mountaintop, and I have seen the light!"

Now, if I could just win that bike...

3 comments:

Felicia said...

WOW what a wonderful adventure!! GOOD FOR YOU!!!

*huggles*
=0)

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Rebecca: Mountain Hiker

What a great adventure and an even greater discovery!

Nicole said...

Well done!!