Thursday, July 10, 2008

Beach Club - Here We Come!

If you've been reading Ready Maid for any length of time, you've probably scrolled past this image in the sidebar. Dr. Wayne Dyer says every thought is like a ticket to purchase more of the same. Think about frustration; you'll get more. Think about lack; you'll get more. Think about love; you'll get more.

"The most important tool to being in balance is knowing that you and you alone are responsible for the imbalance between what you dream your life is meant to be, and the daily habits that drain life from that dream," he instructs. "In the early stages of the rebalancing process, concentrate on this awareness: You get what you think about, whether you want it or not. Commit to thinking about what you want, rather than how impossible or difficult that dream may seem."

In the last four years, we've been to the beach three times. I love to go to the beach. I dream of the beach. I could live on the beach.

But can you believe the last three times I've been to the beach, I never even put on a swimsuit to enjoy being at the beach?! In fact, the last time I was there in June of 2006, I didn't even walk on the beach. Why? I didn't like the way I looked. But I told everybody I couldn't go out because I had to work. So I sat at my computer and wrote stories I could have finished before I left home.

Well, heads up everybody. Write this one down: When I get to The Beach Club Resort Saturday, the first thing I'll do is put on my swimsuit and head for the water. And I promise to put on my swimsuit every day I'm there. I'll post pictures. And I will milk next week for all it's beachy worth...outside, in the sun, enjoying what I love!

From now on, I will NOT be denied. I've visualized this moment since January 15, and I'm ready to make up for lost time!

Quotes from Being In Balance: 9 Principles for Creating Habits to Match Your Desires


7 comments:

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Have you stayed at The Beach Club before? I drove over and checked it out the last time I was down there and it looks lovely, if a little remote for shopping and such. I'll be interested to know how you like it.

Enjoy the beautiful coast! I love it down there, too! And safe travels, to and fro.

carla said...

I love (wayne dyer &) your attitude.

cant wait for you to don the suit and walk out there with your SHOULDERS BACK and your dont mess with me I AM WOMAN HEAR ME ROAR look on your face.


oh and have fun!
:)

MizFit

Diana said...

Good for you! I hope you enjoy every second :)

Manuela said...

Ooh, have a wonderful time!

Dr. Dyer always says the most profound yet basic things. Thanks for the quote.

(can't wait to see the pics :)

Pattie said...

Ah Rebecca, if it weren’t mean of me, I'd be so jealous! LOL!

I'm incredibly proud of you for sticking with your goals, so you can completely enjoy your time at the beach - IN A BATHING SUIT! What a great reward for all your hard work this past year.

Yes, photos will be required. We want to share in your joy!

st said...

Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog and the prayers for my mom! No news yet. Mind if I link to your awesome blog!

ptg said...

I just wanted to let you know that I quoted you in my blog...what a great time to post this, because I really want to be more positive in my own life and your post really meant something and inspired me today.

So thank you. :o)

I hope you enjoy the coast, enjoy the beach, and enjoy every single minute of your fabulous vacation.